Ice cream is a creamy frozen food which is mostly used as dessert. They are sometimes comprised entirely of cream which can be sweetened or flavored. The cream when used should be double cream. Evaporated milk can be substituted for part or all of the cream.
2 tins of whole milk (evaporated milk)
6 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 cups of heavy cream
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of sugar syrup
6 Tablespoon of dried milk powder.
1. Divide the two tins of whole milk in separate bowl.
2. In a clean bowl, add the cornstarch with 1 tin of whole milk. Mix to combine and set aside.
3. In a sauce pan, add 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 tin of whole milk, 1 cup of granulated sugar, vanilla essence and 1/4 cup of sugar syrup.
4. Add 6 tablespoons of milk powder into the saucepan. Bring this to a simmer by whisking continuously untill the sugar is completely dissolved.
5. Whisk for 5-8 minutes
6. Stir in the cornstarch slurry and reduce to low heat.
7. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes untill it thickens.
8. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large bowl and transfer into a stainless steel plate.
9. Cover with cling wrap and freeze.